Expandable smart suitcase
The very first expandable smart suitcase is a typical Pars Pro Toto product. Why? Because one iconic product symbolises the company as a whole.
- Product design: designing an expandable smart suitcase
- Brand design: putting Xtend® into the market. Creation of communication tools
From budding idea to strategic innovation
How it began? Two globetrotters/entrepreneurs contacted us with their product idea: the perfect business suitcase that adapts to any situation. Together we came up with a concept that went way beyond what was originally intended. It is this creative synergy that results in strategic innovation.
Revolutionary trend in connected luggage
The result of this cross-pollination? Xtend®: an ergonomic, practical, elegant and digital suitcase. A new trend in connected luggage was born. Every detail is designed to make the life of the traveller easier.
The concept was an instant hit. Originally a Kickstarter project, Xtend® led to the establishment of the company Kabuto. The rest, as they say, is history. Meanwhile they’ve launched one success product after another and they can’t stop winning awards.
Xtend®: TSA approved fingerprint lock, 50% more volume behind the zipper and - sshhh - quiet as a mouse
What sets Xtend® apart?
- Lock and unlock it with your finger. No key, no code, no apps! You just need your finger, as simple as that! Xtend® can memorise up to ten different sets of fingerprints.
- Xtend® can be used both as carry-on (55 cm) and checked baggage (75 cm). Adjust the size of your suitcase based on the contents and your mode of transportation thanks to the unique vertical extension system.
- Xtend® has rubber tires for a whisper-quiet ride on any surface. Thanks to the double ball bearings noisy wheels are a thing of the past.
A brand is about so much more than its products.
Designing and manufacturing a product is one thing but how do you market it? For Xtend® we handled all communication: from leaflets, packaging, labels and manuals to the POS material, …
Pars Pro Toto’s in-house product and brand designers developed the design and branding from A to Z.
The advantage for the customer?
- Working with a one-stop shop saves both time and money.
- It all fits. All communication carriers exude the same brand DNA.
Interested in working with us?
Looking for a partner to make your dream a reality? Curious about our approach?